If News is a good way to keep yourself updated on the latest topics on insurances and risk management.Subscribe to If News
The latest If News
- Extreme weather events Weather information plays a key role in saving lives and protecting property.
- Securing your critical equipment A significant part of the mitigating work entails that our clients maintain their critical equipment with due care, have spare parts available and access to alternative suppliers.
- How to prevent hydraulic oil fires Hydraulic oils are not generally considered a serious fire hazard, because they have high ignition temperatures. This fact can lead, however, to a false sense of security, since spraying hydraulic oil will burn just as fiercely as other hydrocarbons.
- Reflecting on the Ever Given incident In March 2021, one of the world’s largest container ships, Ever Given, ran aground in the Suez Canal and blocked this important global trade route for six days. A year on, we take an insurer’s perspective on the aftermath of this highly publicised incident.
- Transitioning together We are living in a volatile and ever-changing world. Whether we talk about the increased prices of fuel, food shortages emerging because of the war in Ukraine, or the rise of extreme weather phenomenon posing unprecedented environmental challenges: our world is transforming from a conventional, predictable reality to one that is far less certain.
- How does Risk Management link to sustainable business practice? Fires remain the leading cause of commercial property loss and consequently are the primary focus of Risk Engineers worldwide.
- How employees can prevent cyber attacks Cyber-attacks can cause serious business disruptions. Your own employees play an important role in fighting cyber threats every day. Unfortunately, employees often fail to consider why hackers might want to target them.
- Loss prevention work with our clients Large losses can cause long disruptions to a company’s operations, as the attention shifts from fulfilling the business strategy to cleaning up and resurrecting the site and restoring operations.
- Energy outlook 2022 People across Europe have suddenly found themselves more involved than ever in the complex world of energy supply and demand.
- Managing refrigerated transport In the food and beverage industry securing transportation and ensuring the continuity of production can help to reduce the environmental impact of your operations.
- A lithium-ion battery on fire How to extinguish a li-ion battery fire
- Avoiding underinsurance The key to accurate values
- Rising raw material prices increase the risk of underinsurance If Insurance encourages customers to include the price increases in the valuation when calculating their values.
- Prioritising employee wellbeing Today, there is more focus on employee health and wellbeing than ever before.
- Business travel, duty of care and the global pandemic Employers have a duty of care obligation to protect their employees from undue risk when they are on a business trip.