Making text larger in your web browser
In most modern browsers you can change the text size with the zoom feature that enlarges the whole browser window. You zoom by pressing the Ctrl key and turn the wheel on the mouse, or by pressing the Ctrl key and press + or – keys. If it isn't working you can change the text size by changing the settings in your browser:
- Firefox – open the View menu, select the Text Size option and chose the desired text size.
- Internet Explorer – Open the View menu, select Text Size and chose the desired size.
- Opera – open the View menu and select Zoom factor.
- Safari for Mac – open the View menu and select Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller. You can also press the Command key (Apple-key) and + or – keys.
- Change colours and fonts
- You can change fonts and colours settings in your web browser. Down below are descriptions of how to change the settings in Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Open the Tool menu and select Options. Click the Content tab.
Change colours – Press the button Colours. Deselect the checkboxes Use system colors and Allow pages select their own colours, instead of my selections above. Now you change text and background colours by pressing the buttons next to Text and Background. Choose colours from the colour picker. To accept the colours press the OK button.
Change fonts – In the Fonts & Colors box click on Advanced. Deselect the checkbox Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above. Change fonts and size.
Press the OK button. Press OK to save your new settings and close the dialog box. Refresh the web page to update it with the new settings.
Open the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
Change colours – Press the button Accessibility on the General tab. In the box Formatting select the checkbox Ignore colors specified on web pages. Press the OK button.
Press the button Colours on the General Tab. Deselect the checkbox Use system colours. Press the colour buttons and choose colour from the color picker. Press OK.
Change fonts – Press the button Accessibility on the General tab. In the box Formatting select the checkbox Ignore font styles specified on web pages. Press the OK button.
Press the button Fonts on the General Tab. Change to desired font at Fonts for web pages. Press the OK button.
Press the OK button in the dialog box Internet Options to close it. Refresh the page to update it with the new settings.